Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ouch...

Can I be honest for a moment?  Sometimes I am so busy looking at what others have and their gifts that I neglect my own.  The picture is of children opening presents, but one child sits with her present unopened because she is fixated on what the others have. As she watches them open their gifts she starts to whine and wishes she had beautiful gifts like theirs while hers sits within reach, but untouched. Her gift seems smaller in comparison and not as exciting as the others. Oh how she wishes she had something else! The young girl has no idea that her gift is special and just right for her. If she would just take the time to open her gift she would see that it's wonderful. I don't want to be that little girl anymore.

 And none of us have to be that little girl if we would just appreciate and cultivate what God has given us.  Then we wouldn't be threatened by or jealous of someones gift. Instead, we would have genuine joy over what God is doing in the life of another.  I sure hope this doesn't end up being easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment